Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.

EPSTEIN

Hi All,

Im sure most of you are aware that the home office has approved the roll out of the new Taser X2 model which allows for two shots. 

Ive been looking at Taser international's website (makers of the taser) to learn a bit about the x2, the taser is black in colour on their website and promo video. 

Does anyone know: When issued to officers here, will the taser be black in colour or will they have it cased in yellow? 

Just curious to know?

Member Achievements

MindTheGap

The colour can be specified by client, they didn't make yellow X26 or M26 models until the HO requested it. Only red and blue for training 

Member Achievements

Burnie

There have been yellow X2s seen in press photos about the recent testing process.

In other news:

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

I really wish the news would STOP calling the X2 "more powerful"

It's not "more powerful" - it just has 2 cartridges loaded at a time (rather than the old '1 in, 1 under' of the X26) with the ability to 'use' the leads from both cartridges to create a circuit (so that if you miss with 1 probe with the 1st shot then you only need to get 1 probe to strike on the 2nd shot and the X2 will create a circuit between the 2 - thus improving effectiveness) as well as the ability to do Arcing without removing the cartridge (so better officer safety by the X2 being ready to fire immediately even in the middle of arcing drill). It also has dual 'red dot' lasers so you have accurate indication of where BOTH probes will strike (rather than only the top probe with the X26)

Edited by Burnie
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

Bacon_sandwich
There have been yellow X2s seen in press photos about the recent testing process.

In other news:

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

It's not "more powerful" - it just has 2 cartridges loaded at a time (rather than the old '1 in, 1 under' of the X26) with the ability to 'use' the leads from both cartridges to create a circuit (so that if you miss with 1 probe with the 1st shot then you only need to get 1 probe to strike on the 2nd shot and the X2 will create a circuit between the 2 - thus improving effectiveness) as well as the ability to do Arcing without removing the cartridge (so better officer safety by the X2 being ready to fire immediately even in the middle of arcing drill). It also has dual 'red dot' lasers so you have accurate indication of where BOTH probes will strike (rather than only the top probe with the X26)

Far too wordy mate. Much easier to sum up in a two word attention grabbing inaccurate headline "MORE POWERFUL" will do the job nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

ldb225

anyone used one yet? Looks a bit fiddly to swap out cartridges

Member Achievements

Growley
anyone used one yet? Looks a bit fiddly to swap out cartridges

An instructor told me you pretty much can't change cartridges in a hurry, so whilst you have more shots straight off, that's pretty much all you've got.

Member Achievements

SimonT

I have tried to change cartridges for the x26 on the fly.

If 2 isn't enough for the x2 then you are knee deep in the bad stuff already. 

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Growley

I've been there where taser has failed four times. It wasn't pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

Remmy
1 hour ago, SimonT said:

I have tried to change cartridges for the x26 on the fly.

If 2 isn't enough for the x2 then you are knee deep in the bad stuff already. 

Agreed if two isn't enough, chances are three won't be to be honest. I prefer immediate access to a follow up shot, than a quicker reload for a third which is unlikely to be effective if previous two have failed. 

Besides you still have the option of drive stun.

Member Achievements

ForceHQ
On 05/03/2017 at 01:49, Burnie said:

In other news:

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

But two cartridges equals 2x 50 000 volts which is 100000 volts... Its simple DM maths!

Member Achievements

stewie_griffin

Our re-certification course for the X26 includes a 'failure drill' where you change cartridges (and at the same time try not to taser yourself). I only carry two cartridges, so after the second failure I'm not sure what I'll do.

The problem with the X26 is that the laser dot shows where the top barb is going but he lower barb can be a foot or so lower than this. This means that when aiming for centre mass, you sometimes don't get a good spread above and below the beltline and consequently don't get a good lock-out. I'm told the X2 has rectified this.

Incidentally, did you know that while the law-enforcement Taser gives a 5 second ride, the civilian version gives a 30 SECOND SHOCK!!!

• Like 1

Member Achievements

SimonT

That's shocking! Ha

I suppose civilians can't commit the offence of torture very easily so 30 seconds is fine. As long as they are kept away from the nasty police. 

Apparently all drive stuns are direct referral to ipcc, so I'm keen to avoid them if possible. 

Member Achievements

depot

I've used a demo X2 which is doing the rounds. The reload is no more fiddly then the X26 but we only carry 2 cartridges currently for the X26 so I'd have an educated guess that there will be no spares carried operationally, no by our force anyway.

Member Achievements

Taser

Is there a size difference in the new Taser to the old? Will this result in change of a vest pouch etc?

Member Achievements

Cuddles

I understand that all Taser hardware, such as pouches and skeleton holsters will be incompatible... Sneaky sneaky, Taser International!

Member Achievements

There are 38 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David