Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Remmy

Woman police officer, 33, who had sex with female rape victim in McDonald's toilet is thrown off the force

Zulu 22

Surprised that it has taken nearly 12 months to sack her.

Member Achievements

NCFPA

She was only guilty/sentenced in last month or two, the process cannot take place until criminal proceedings have finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

It is the length of time the process took. Pity such bad apples exist.

Member Achievements

Cje.ex999

A  sad end to a promising officer, will have a tough time in prison.

Member Achievements

Cathedral Bobby

Sad, very sad, but exploitation is exploitation and she is in for a tough time.

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
17 hours ago, Cje.ex999 said:

A  sad end to a promising officer, will have a tough time in prison.

A sad end, a satisfactory end and she was not that promising. She was a dangerous predator.

Member Achievements

Pete

you can get a masters degree in sports science? 

Member Achievements

MerseyLLB

It all seems a bit odd to me.

I was actually going to question the seriousness of what had gone on then I re-read and saw that the officer had kissed the victim whilst taking her fingerprints in response to a rape report!

I mean, I just can't fathom how that would come about. Personally I don't see anything in the allegations that the officer coerced the victim into anything so it just seems like the oddest circumstances in which a rape investigator would be in a position where they would kiss a victim during what I imagine would be the immediate aftermath of a sexual offences report. It's not even that it's wrong, which it is, it's so wrong it's mind boggling. 

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Policey_Man

I wonder how they can refer to it as a 'promising career' when she'd been in the job for 11 years already?!... She was living that career already. Surely that's a statement to be used for someone with perhaps less than 2-3 years in?

However, someone with 11 years in should know a lot better. DO NOT get involved with victims, witnesses or anyone else you meet whilst at work. I say this time and time again to people, but some of the younger ones just don't listen....

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
7 hours ago, Policey_Man said:

I wonder how they can refer to it as a 'promising career' when she'd been in the job for 11 years already?!... She was living that career already. Surely that's a statement to be used for someone with perhaps less than 2-3 years in?

However, someone with 11 years in should know a lot better. DO NOT get involved with victims, witnesses or anyone else you meet whilst at work. I say this time and time again to people, but some of the younger ones just don't listen....

It seems to be an arrogance that they have. They know better and will not listen to a voice of experience.  But, you should not need experience to tell you that this behaviour is so wrong.

Member Achievements

Policey_Man
3 hours ago, Zulu 22 said:

It seems to be an arrogance that they have. They know better and will not listen to a voice of experience.  But, you should not need experience to tell you that this behaviour is so wrong.

You shouldn't need experience to tell you a lot of things..... but.....

Member Achievements

Zulu 22
3 hours ago, Policey_Man said:

You shouldn't need experience to tell you a lot of things..... but.....

It is a huge assistance, and does not have a price, like inexperience.

Member Achievements

alicing
It is a huge assistance, and does not have a price, like inexperience.

This lady was experienced and still did it. Sorry but this is such a sweeping statement (and above) about inexperienced officers. We probably have this drilled into us more than officers with 20 years service did when they were trained.

You were all inexperienced once

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Remmy
16 minutes ago, alicing said:

This lady was experienced and still did it. Sorry but this is such a sweeping statement (and above) about inexperienced officers. We probably have this drilled into us more than officers with 20 years service did when they were trained.

You were all inexperienced once emoji847.png

Experience is such a huge advantage in this job, but as you rightly pointed out we were all inexperienced at one point. 

Besides experience is only of use if it's used with sound judgement, compassion and intelligence none of which seemed to have been present during this unfortunate incident!

• Like 1

Member Achievements

There are 47 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David