Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
Pavarotti1980

Dick is the new Commissioner

R5!

Very happy with her appointment. She's a very experienced Met officer at senior level. It makes a massive difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

Member Achievements

Charlie

Great news for women in policing.

Member Achievements

Milankovitch

Pretty sure one of the mods posted this previously, I read it before I went to work this morning somewhere on here.

HazRat

Pleased about this. She's got a huge task ahead, but if she's as good as I hear, then I hopeful that she can turn things around and restore a bit of faith in the leadership.

Member Achievements

NCFPA

It was predictable, female PM, female home sec, female LAS chief, female LFB chief and now...good luck to her

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Zulu 22

Hmmm, she carries too much baggage.

Member Achievements

James255

It's good that she's got a lot of counter-terrorism experience. Dick seems a lot better than Sara Thornton. It seems like all Thornton cares about is these "new" crimes, and she's even said that burglary shouldn't be investigated at all. They're not popular comments to make.

Member Achievements

Joffrey

Dick Heads Met

• Like 5

Member Achievements

ParochialYokal

It makes me wonder whether her sidestep to work for the 'Foreign Office' was in fact a planned step in a predestined career path to become the Commissioner?

She would have certainly picked up even more capabilities in counter terrorism and I am sure that she will bring a new dimension to the MET.

I don't think that her one indiscretion should bar her from being the Commissioner, but she is never going to lose the baggage that will accompany her.

Sent from my iPhone usring Police Community

• Like 2

Member Achievements

NCFPA
It makes me wonder whether her sidestep to work for the 'Foreign Office' was in fact a planned step in a predestined career path to become the Commissioner?

She would have certainly picked up even more capabilities in counter terrorism and I am sure that she will bring a new dimension to the MET.

I don't think that her one indiscretion should bar her from being the Commissioner, but she is never going to lose the baggage that will accompany her.

The job was always hers once BHH announced retirement, she just needed something in the meantime to keep her CV looking fresh.

I'm surprised the deputy commissioner Craig Mackey didn't apply he has served as a chief constable before.

Member Achievements

HazRat
7 minutes ago, NCFPA said:

The job was always hers once BHH announced retirement, she just needed something in the meantime to keep her CV looking fresh.

I'm surprised the deputy commissioner Craig Mackey didn't apply he has served as a chief constable before.

I wonder if he's planning to step off the merry go round and retire. He's got 33 yrs. Personally I'd go and enjoy the pension.

Edited by HazRat
  • Like 1

Member Achievements

Funkywingnut
3 hours ago, ParochialYokal said:

Was it an indiscression? Or is this her being paid back for her earlier discretion?

• Like 1

Member Achievements

MerseyLLB
7 hours ago, Charlie said:

Great news for women in policing.

I couldn't care less frankly that a woman made commissioner.

What I'm pleased about is that the majority of people have said she's approachable, operationally aware and flexible. Now THATS the good news for women in policing -  a woman has made commissioner and it would appear based on merit - a key point for credibility.

• Like 8

Member Achievements

Milankovitch
It's good that she's got a lot of counter-terrorism experience. Dick seems a lot better than Sara Thornton. It seems like all Thornton cares about is these "new" crimes, and she's even said that burglary shouldn't be investigated at all. They're not popular comments to make.

Sara Thornton didn't say burglaries shouldn't be investigated at all...

There are 6 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David