Notice Board
  • Great Deals
  • To post a recruitment query in the "Recruitment Areas" or in the "Force Specific Areas" you will require a Recruitment Pass or a Membership Package. Click HERE to read more.
  • Get your very own website designed by our in-house team at RAW Digital Media. Get 25% off all quotes using reference "RAW25" Prices start at just £199 Click HERE to read more.
  • Website hosting packages start from just £59 p/year Click HERE to read more.
@Wildlife_Mgr

First Assessments...

@Wildlife_Mgr

Well today's the day... It's the first round of assessments for North Yorkshire Police specials. I've been waiting for a long time to even make it to this stage having always fallen at the first hurdle (so to speak) and not passing the initial application stage.

I know it's only stage one but to be honest, I never thought I'd make it this far, this being the forth or fifth time of applying over the past 13 years or so. I'm doing everything possible to ensure I make it all the way though, even running to improve fitness. I managed to run a sub 9 minute mile the other night which for me, at (only just mind) over 16 stone was a massive achievement.

I'm looking forward to today, slightly apprehensive but everyone will be in the same boat I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the Police Community App

PCW

may the odds be ever in your favour, you shall have to keep us updated with how you get on!

• Like 1

Member Achievements

@Wildlife_Mgr

Cheers

I'm not sure today was as I expected, to be honest, I'm not sure what I was expecting. I'm hoping I've done well but I'm not an assessor. I have however done my best.

One of the best parts of the day was receiving a good luck message from the Chief Officer of Durham Specials. I'm not even applying to Durham so that made it even more appreciated.

• Like 1

@Wildlife_Mgr

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that! I received an email this afternoon stating that the results had come back from my assessments. It turns out I've only gone and passed! The next stage is the final interview stage. Not sure exactly when that will be yet.

• Like 6

Kerrybee1
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that! I received an email this afternoon stating that the results had come back from my assessments. It turns out I've only gone and passed! The next stage is the final interview stage. Not sure exactly when that will be yet.

Well done

Sent from my iPad using Police Community
  • Like 1

@Wildlife_Mgr

Thank you

The results apparently came back within 3 hours of being sent to the College Of Policing.

JD180

Well done bud, the wait between every step is horrible.. I'm right at the end of my application stage now going through vetting.. I have nothing that should cause an issue.. But god it's an awful wait!

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Kerrybee1

My vetting took 3 months but each force is different.. it'll all be worth it in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Police Community

@Wildlife_Mgr
Well done bud, the wait between every step is horrible.. I'm right at the end of my application stage now going through vetting.. I have nothing that should cause an issue.. But god it's an awful wait!

Cheers! Yeah, you're right about the wait, it's horrible... I just want to crack on with everything

@Wildlife_Mgr

Had my final interview Tuesday evening and my rejection email Wednesday morning

I knew as soon as I came out of the office that it was the end of the process for me. The whole interview was a disaster, in fact the evening itself went from bad to worse... I was late getting away from work so was going to be late for my interview, I called the only number I had to apologise and explain that I would be a little late. I was told it wasn't a problem and not to worry about it. The venue for my interview had been changed that afternoon to another police station, further away than the original, which didn't help. Is been given a postcode, via text message, and also left on my voicemail for the new venue. Upon arrival at the destination, no police station was to be seen, it was just a regular street, which houses. I drove around and around but couldn't find it. I stopped and asked two separate people in the town of they knew where the police station was and both said they didn't think the town had one. One elderly lady said she had never seen a police station in all the years she'd lived in the town and thought they were covered by another area. In the end I called a friend who lived a couple of villages away. He too wasn't aware of one but did a quick search on Google and told me I was parked about 50 yards away from it on the next street.

Once I found the station I went in, apologised again, and began the interview. Well, what a spectacular mess I made of that! Waffling, not selling myself, not giving the answers I knew I should have to the questions asked, it was a nightmare. I knew it all along but just couldn't seem to pull myself out of it. The whole issue of being late and then not being able to find the police station had me in a right state. This was something I've wanted for a long time, it was my fourth or fifth time of applying and was the furthest I'd come. To see it falling apart in front of me and not seemingly being able to do anything about it was horrible.

I was told HR would give me a call, most likely the following day. I thought to be informed that fast can't be good, and it wasn't. To be honest though, after my performance during the interview, I too wouldn't have offered me a position.

Nick Wilde

Gutted to hear that to be honest, and seriously the last thing you need is to be panicking and rushing around trying to find the place right before an interview.  I see you passed the assessment centre, do you know if it's possible to transfer that to another force?  Either to get another interview or maybe get on the books of a force who don't have a final interview?  Don't quote me on any of this, I have no idea if that's do-able at all, but I've heard people mention doing something similar for the regs. 

I've seen it said loads of times on here already, but resilience is an important competency.  You might feel like sacking it all off after that, but don't give up mate, you'll get there I'm certain.

• Like 2

@Wildlife_Mgr

I received a really nice message from the Chief Officer of Durham Specials which wasn't even the area I was applying) and he asks my assessment centre scores are totally transferable and I can use them to apply to any force.

alicing

Don't be too disheartened. Everybody has bad days and it just sounds like you got extremely unlucky. You know where you went wrong and you know exactly how to fix it, so pick yourself and try again, even if it means transferring your AC score. Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

• Like 1

Member Achievements

Paid Membership Required

There are 2 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.

About us

Police Community was originally founded in 2014 by two serving Police Officers.

In 2016 it was incorporated as a limited company called RAW Digital Media Limited and then purchased 3 other forums; Police Specials, UK Police Online and Police UK to form the largest policing discussion forum network in the UK.

Get in touch

• 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
  • contact@rawdigitalmedia.co.uk
  • 0844 357 0111
  • Forums In Our Group - Police.Community - UKPoliceOnline.CO.UK - PoliceSpecials.COM - PoliceUK.COM

Twitter

Facebook

Meet The Team

• Chief Bakes
    Chief Bakes Management
  • Chief Rat
    Chief Rat Management
  • Chief Cheetah
    Chief Cheetah Management
  • Rocket
    Rocket Global Moderators
  • David