The purpose of the LGBT police network is to:
- Provide a reference to stakeholders in the Police Service, the wider criminal justice sector and LGBT+ organisations on LGBT+ issues in policing.
- Supporting the development of local and regional LGBT+ staff support networks
- Representing local and regional LGBT+ staff support networks on issues collectively faced
- Supporting police forces and national police establishments in the development of operational policing knowledge and services that will enhance services to the LGBT+ community
- Supporting police forces and national police establishments in being representative and inclusive of the LGBT+ community