Chief Cheetah

Details on how to get access to the 'In The Job' section

56 posts in this topic

Our 'In the Job'' area can only be accessed by serving UK police officers (civilian police, either Special or Regular) PCSO's and civilian police staff. It's designed as an area where all members of the police family can discuss issues which they may not feel comfortable sharing in the more public areas of the forum, or with people who aren't themselves serving in a constabulary. Entry and use of the area continues to be free of charge.

Once you've been granted access to the 'In the Job' area, a new award will be added to your profile (it will appear overnight as that's when all new awards are automatically added although on occasion it can appear before). The 'Verified' ribbon looks like the one in the top right hand corner of this post except it will say verified and not Team.

How to get access to the 'In the Job' forum area:

Method 1

Send an email to support@policecommunity.co.uk from a police email account (one which is of the format xxxx@forcename.pnn.police.uk) with the following information:

Your full (real) name

Which UK police force you work for
Your rank/grade/job title (e.g. regular PC, Special Sergeant, PCSO, Staff member)
Your collar number or force ID number
Your PoliceCommunity.co.uk username

You must also raise a support ticket by accessing your client area under your name in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Ensure you select the Verified Member option, this will open more boxes at the bottom of the screen

These boxes must be completed to enable you to proceed

On receipt of your email, it will be linked to your support ticket and you will be given access to the area - confirmed by reply to your police email address. The information you provide will only be used to confirm your right to access the forum area.

Method 2

If you would prefer not to send an email from your work .pnn email, then raise a support ticket as per the instructions above and ensure you include your police email address.

Once raised we will then email you at your police email address with a random word (which will of course be completely work safe!). You should be able to read 'incoming' email without breaching any force policy.

Once you've read your police email, update your support ticket and tell us what the random word was. This will satisfy us that you have a police email account, and we can then give you access to the 'In the Job' area.

Note: if you're going to use this method - which causes us the most work - then don't please just reply from your police email account. If you're going to do that anyway, just use Method 1

Method 3

We know that some officers don't have access to a police email account so as an alternative, you can send a scan of your warrant card or official ID card by raising a support ticket as per the above instructions and utilising the Attach Files option in the second picture. If you or your force are uncomfortable with sending pictures of your warrant card in this way, then simply don't do it.

Member Achievements

So do I raise a ticket at the same time I send the email or do i raise a ticket once ive got the random word? 

Member Achievements

Do those of us already verified on PS.com need to redo validation?

1 person likes this

Member Achievements

Hi

Do those of us already verified on PS.com need to redo validation?

Yes we do need you re-validate this aspect - everything else we are able to transfer but we need you to verify your details on here by raising a support ticket here https://forum.policecommunity.co.uk/index.php?app=nexus&module=support

So do I raise a ticket at the same time I send the email or do i raise a ticket once ive got the random word? 

If you raise a support ticket under the Verified Member Requests queue then we can pick it up from there.

Member Achievements

Hi

Yes we do need you re-validate this aspect - everything else we are able to transfer but we need you to verify your details on here by raising a support ticket here https://forum.policecommunity.co.uk/index.php?app=nexus&module=support

If you raise a support ticket under the Verified Member Requests queue then we can pick it up from there.

Ok, ill try it again,

Member Achievements

I've gone for method two, however I've seen that its created a ticket without me doing anything...have I done something wrong?  Was expecting to have to open one myself.

Member Achievements

I've gone for method two, however I've seen that its created a ticket without me doing anything...have I done something wrong?  Was expecting to have to open one myself.

Same here, i just put in a ticket anyway

Member Achievements

If you email us they feed into the ticket desk so if we have one that's fine guys. If you do two no problem.

1 person likes this

Member Achievements

I got this after my 1st go:

"Hello

Unfortunately we have had to decline your request for access to the 'In the Job' area as we have not been able to verify your credentials or identity.

We realise you may have been through the process before but we do require you go through the verification process. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause
Regards

Police Community Team"

All my police details are current and my job email works as i used it a few hours ago!

Member Achievements

If you email us they feed into the ticket desk so if we have one that's fine guys. If you do two no problem.

Cheers :).  

Member Achievements

I got this after my 1st go:

"Hello

Unfortunately we have had to decline your request for access to the 'In the Job' area as we have not been able to verify your credentials or identity.

We realise you may have been through the process before but we do require you go through the verification process. 

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause

Regards

Police Community Team"

All my police details are current and my job email works as i used it a few hours ago!

Bear with me, I'm working through all four tickets you've raised for this, there will be an email being sent to you .pnn address soon.

Member Achievements

Bear with me, I'm working through all four tickets you've raised for this, there will be an email being sent to you .pnn address soon.

Sorry mate! I sent 2 emails so that was 2 auto tickets, then it said i have to raise a separate ticket! 

Edited by Smeders

Member Achievements

Sorry mate! I sent 2 emails so that was 2 auto tickets, then it said i have to raise a separate ticket! 

You raise and expose a very good point here thanks Smeders.  Looking back there isn't actually any need for the ticket and an email if you are using method two as the ticket with your police email on it will suffice.  Some of this was taken from the previous policy and was merged with our new process.

I have amended the instructions now to reflect this and I apologise for the confusion earlier.  You will be receiving an email to your .pnn soon.

Thanks

Cheetah

Member Achievements

Hi Guys,

I am an English bloke who moved down under and joined the NSW Police Force. I am not in work now for a couple of days so I am able to shoot an email from my private email with a scan of my warrant card and badge. DO you accept this as I am not in a UK Police Force.

Member Achievements

Hi Guys,

I am an English bloke who moved down under and joined the NSW Police Force. I am not in work now for a couple of days so I am able to shoot an email from my private email with a scan of my warrant card and badge. DO you accept this as I am not in a UK Police Force.

Hi please raise a support ticket and upload a copy, one of the team will then take a look for you. Welcome by the way!

Member Achievements