ForceHQ

Emergency Services Network a “tragedy in waiting” as Home Office drops the ball on Airwave

3 posts in this topic

Member Achievements

Looks like Mark Sedwell who is named as just leaving the Home Office department and it is slowly, or not so slowly sinking has moved to be National Security Advisor.  One wonders if he will criticise emergency communication in the future- perhaps a bit of political deja vu
Policing humour often reverts to 'international translations - would I be right to consider Project, Office, Home and Planning which is then  translated to Doomed, overpriced, delayed, inadequate?

1 person likes this

Member Achievements

It seems stupid that they are seeking to extend the Airwave contract on a 'month by month basis', as opposed to having a sensible discussion and extending it by a fixed period.

I wonder whether if they did that it may encourage Vodafone not to switch off the capability that provides the backbone for the service?

Apart from there being a potential gap in provision, I am not confident that it will work robustly when delivered?

I still don't understand why they went down the route of wanting an integrated data and voice network? Why not just have a voice system and provide Officers with a radio and also enter into separate arrangements for data?

Sent from my iPhone usring Police Community

Member Achievements