Shocking moment TV builder star of Channel 4’s Renovation Game was ‘beaten with baton and pepper-sprayed by cops after being dragged from his car’

The Undertaker

THIS is the moment a TV builder charged with assaulting two police officers appears to be dragged out of his car and beaten by a cop with a “metal bar”.

Full Story - The Sun

Not sure why The Sun dont call a baton a baton instead of a " metal bar" 

As for this chap Huntley Thawe he states on his facebook page " the police chose the wrong black man to mess with"  it says it all really.

If anything the video should work in the officer's favour as Thawe is clearly resisting and holding onto the officer's stab vest, which is why he gets battoned until he lets go. Un informed onlookers think we can't use any force other than grappling and wrestling with people. He looks like a strong bloke and by resisting there was only one way it was going to go. 

We do not know what actions brought about the arrest, but it appears that the officer is merely using sufficient force to make the man release his grip on his stab vest, which seems reasonable. The fact that you may be a minor TV celebrity does not immune from the law.

Very strange how people just happen to be in a position to make a recording of an incident from a point which can give a completely different view of an incident.

Edited by Zulu 22

Oh another "this is the moment when" news story from our current favourite, The Sun.

Its funny because The Sun seems to be the main one that argues with police actions. They recently criticized officers having tea in Devon and yet again they have done it again. It is obvious that the man is resisting and is desperately trying to break out. honestly The Sun are so stupid and single minded

On 20/04/2017 at 15:09, The Undertaker said:

Not sure why The Sun dont call a baton a baton instead of a " metal bar" 

Same reason any gun that's not a pistol is called a machine gun. Sounds more horrific and sensational would be my guess.

An edited clip lacks the beginning and end of a story. As such, who is anyone to judge the Officer?

The Officer looked fatigued, which suggesting some kind of struggle in the period before the footage kicks in.

I have to say that I did not realise that he was gripping his body armour the first time around. And I only heard him shout "get off me" when I viewed the clip the third time.

Video footage now create an imperative to provide a running commentary about what you are about to do before you do it. But that is easier said than done if you are knackered and can't even get the words out.

Sent from my iPhone usring Police Community

• 2 weeks later...

A TELEVISION builder from Kidderminster has appeared in court charged with assaulting a police officer outside a McDonalds in Redditch.

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/news/15261911.VIDEO__TV_builder_in_court_over_Redditch_police_assault/

Looks like Mr Thawe is going to use the footage as part of his defence.

I am not sure how that is going to benefit him? Clearly shows him resisting.

• 3 months later...

TV builder, 48, from Channel 4’s The Renovation Game ‘assaulted police officers during a furious row with his estranged wife outside McDonald's while his two children looked on’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4817104/TV-builder-C4-game-assaulted-police-officers.html

Interestingly or not, this chap while his trial is going on, is openly talking about his case on his public facebbok page, not sure if that really is a good idea, especially with comments accusing the police of being racist.

The moral of this story, join the good people of Liverpool and boycott the Sun. A bit like Breibart and Fox News, lives in an alternate reality when it comes to journalism.

From his Facebook posts he suggests his "ex" is lying (probably a prosecution witness) and the police are lying. Everyone is lying, as per usual, apart from the defendant.

It's always easy watching these things in hindsight and without seeing the whole clip. I'm not sure about the baton strikes to the arm. If someone has a grip on your armour and is being restrained by another, I would have thought the easier way to release that grip would be to use your body weight and lunge back.

Like I said, easy in hindsight and not in full receipt of the facts. It would be interesting to see the outcome of the trial.

One might actually be forgiven for thinking it's the police on trial here after reading through that appalling journalism...

• 1 month later...
On 24/08/2017 at 18:27, Mac7 said:

It would be interesting to see the outcome of the trial.

Renovation Game builder cleared of assaulting cops in astonishing ‘Godzilla rage’ bust-up outside McDonald’s after magistrate says ‘it was self defence

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/4567800/renovation-game-star-flew-into-a-godzilla-rage-after-claiming-cops-spoke-to-him-like-a-piece-of-s-in-front-of-his-children/amp/

Edited by David
Most odd formatting removed