jimmyriddle

Regular bannings

4 posts in this topic

Who can I discuss my regular bannings with? This is getting ridiculous. And I'm also getting banned multiple times for the same post. Probably this one now too

Member Achievements

@jimmyriddle

Not entirely sure what you are talking about here.  I have checked your account and there are no restrictions currently applied to your access.

If you are experiemcing problems accessing the site then an I suggest you try clearing your cache and any cookies for this site and trying again.

Member Achievements

The restrictions are gone because I've finally managed to clear them. And I'm talking actual bans for the supposed offensive content of my posts, I don't want to start going into further detail as this has also got me banned before. It's just getting a bit silly

1 person likes this

Member Achievements

Could this be a similar scenario to confirming email addresses when joining?

When you need to confirm your email, or acknowledge a warning, it needs to be done in a web browser.

The app does not support the above two functions.

However on mobile devices, if the device is set as "always open links for police community in the app" - rather than "in the browser" or "ask me each time" then the link will never work.

The only way around this, to my knowledge, is to open the email / go to the confirm/acknowledge link on a computer/device that hasn't got the PCF App installed (easier but not always practical).

Or reset the "handlers" so that the phone/tablet asks how you want to open the site each time you click a link (more complicated).

1 person likes this

Member Achievements